Launched in 2019, the NESG Bridge Fellowship, an initiative of the Nigerian Economic Summit Group in
collaboration with Leap Africa was established to equip a new cadre of young visionary leaders with
leadership, research and policy advocacy skills, to champion policy reform in diverse policy areas.
The NESG Bridge Fellowship is designed to inspire and equip a new generation of young visionary Nigerian leaders, with the requisite skills to carry out policy-oriented research and advocacy for national transformation. Selected participants will go through a rigorous and engaging capacity development process where they will contribute to knowledge and policy advocacy on a National level. The selected Bridge Fellows will also be matched to the NESG Policy Commissions to have hands-on experience in the area of Policy Advocacy, Research and Leadership.
The NESG Bridge Fellowship is open to young Nigerians that meet the following criteria:
• Are between the ages of 22 to 35 on or before the application deadline
• Are not employees or immediate family members of employees of the NESG and LEAP Africa
• Are able to undergo rigorous research training for a period of 15 months
• Are committed to attending online training and available for mentoring throughout the Fellowship period
• Are currently employed or self-employed
• Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English (this will aid participation and help in getting the full benefits of the fellowship)
• Have at least a Bachelor’s degree
• Have a minimum of 3 years post-NYSC working experience